Okay this recipe is Wendy Polisi’s Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, but I like it as a dip. No matter what it is so good!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles
- 1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes. I used 2 cans of Rotel.
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- I chopped up 3 bell pepper instead since I was making a dip.
- Turkey sausage
- Organic chicken stock
- In a pot make your quinoa with organic chicken stock. Then set it aside.
- If you’re making the stuffed peppers, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- If not, you don’t need the oven. You will need a large pot. Cook the sausage all the way through. Proceed to set 2.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the filling each each bell pepper cavity. Place on prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.