Trying to snack healthy always encourages me to make salsa. I have made quite a few different kinds, but this is my favorite (so far). The author, Biddy Talk, says it is more like a pico de gallo, but I don’t care. I love it. You can chop it all up or give it two pulses per item with a food processor. Don’t forget to adjust the jalapeño for your perfered spice level.
- 6 tomatoes
- 3 jalapenos (warning: hot)
- 1 medium white onion
- ½ a medium red onion
- 1 cup cilantro (I’m a fiend- so a little less if you aren’t)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 limes juice (I even threw in some of the pulp)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt (More can always be added but not taken away!)
- 1 tsp chili powder
Optional/Seasonal: I haven’t done this yet.
- 1 cup (2-3 ears) of grilled/pan fried corn. If pan frying it, try putting in 3 tbsps of pineapple juice and 2 tbsp EVOO. Since you are using pans now, I would probably add the garlic, salt, ½ the cilantro, cumin and chili powder now.
- Sweeten it up with some diced fruit of your choice- pineapple, mango, peach etc.