As you can see I love avocado. I take every opportunity to use it in a meal. This is a great recipe from The Cookie Rookie and
CHICKEN AVOCADO PITAS
- ½ pound shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 avocados, hollowed and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 slices of thin baby Swiss cheese
- Juice from half a lemon
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Cut 1 piece of Swiss cheese into each pita pocket.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and garlic salt. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, lemon juice, and half of the Cilanto. Set aside. In a skillet, brown the cooked chicken with the olive oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. While cooking, sprinkle with half of the cilantro.
- Take off of heat and add ¼ of the chicken to each pita.
- Top the chicken with a drizzle of the yogurt mixture followed by a large spoonful of the avocado mixture, all within the pita pocket. Can be served cold, or grilled on a sandwich maker/foreman grill for 2 minutes to serve warm.