Avocado Caprese Salad
Ok this is another total yum that I scored from foodiecrush.com. This was so easy and tasted great! I will make this again and again! Enjoy!
SERVES: MAKES 1 SALAD
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- ½ avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (I prefer the fruitiest, lightest flavored)
- 1½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- generous pinch of sugar or dollop of honey
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Assemble the arugula, avocado slices and mozzarella in a serving bowl. Top with torn or slivered basil leaves. Whisk the extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl with the balsamic vinegar, sugar or honey and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and pour over the salad. Toss to coat and serve.