We all amble to the fridge and look for something good to eat. I have found this is even more the case when your trying to make good decisions. My friend DK posted this awesome recipe to help with the craving for tacos and shrimp!
Serves: makes 24 bites
- 24 large raw shrimps, peels and tails removed
- non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp grated lime zest, + juice 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 large California Avocado, diced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 24 tortilla chip scoops
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet or cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray, set aside.
- Combine ½ tsp salt, lime zest, and chili powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle all over the raw shrimp. Lay the shrimp on the cookie sheet and spritz with the non stick cooking spray or olive oil spray. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the shrimps turn pink and curl in on themselves.
- Meanwhile combine the diced avocado, lime juice and remaining ½ tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Combine the sour cream and minced chipotle pepper in a different small bowl.
- Assemble your shrimp taco bites by placing a tsp of avocado mixture in a tortilla chip, followed by a ½ tsp of sour cream mixture, then top with a chili-lime shrimp.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Recipe by I Wash You Dry at http://www.iwashyoudry.com/2014/01/22/shrimp-taco-bites/